Pizza time!!!! Endless ideas and toppings. Actually my favorite pizza is prosciutto e parmesan. A simple pizza Margherita with Parma ham, crunchy fresh rocket and lots of Parmesan – This time we did not have arugula left at home, so we had to play around. but you can of course also top the pizza to your personal taste. And it’s easy to do it yourself at home. The special feature of this prosciutto pizza recipe with lots of baby spinach, is the pizza base. Once you master the dough, the sky is the limit. Making the dough is so easy once you try it. Give yourself some time and patience to give the dough some time to raise.
Pizza with Ham
The precursor of almost any pizza is called margherita, where the pizza is only with tomato sauce and cheese. My favorite pizza has then washed and selected arugula and fresh prosciutto ham sprinkled on the pizza. This prosciutto pizza pizza recipe
This pizza will be still crispy, soft!
A good homemade tomato sauce is important for your pizza
It’s good if you have a tomato sauce in stock. You can fall back on that and only have to reduce it on the baking day (or the day before). Otherwise, there is not much else left to cook a new sauce. Either from fresh tomatoes or from good canned tomatoes. Also important here is the consistency we want to have afterwards for our parma pizza. The sauce should be as thick as possible, just like mousse. Onions and tomato kernels should either be pureed or pulled out. In any case, the sauce should have a strong tomato flavour and completely seasoned. Ready-made sauces are very rarely comparable to a home-cooked tomato sauce.
Play with seasonal toppings and of course listen to your cravings. With white base or tomato base. With veggies or with ham. With or without cheese. Whatever makes you happy. 🙂
I especially like pizza with fresh ingredients. To be precise, I like the pizza topping, but the topping is fresh and cool.
Such a “Pizza Parma” must definitely be prepared like this. The ham comes on the pizza, when the it comes fresh out of the oven. Heated, baked Parma ham does not taste good at all.
Fresh ingredients for the pizza toppings!
There are really only two important things to consider. The freshness and quality of the ingredients. Pizza is perfect to use your leftovers as well! We had two small potatoes left. Actually, I had a completely different pizza in mind, but the pizza with fresh baby spinach and ham is just great and fits perfectly.
If you like our prosciutto pizza recipe, you may also like:
Have a great weekend!
- 360 g All-Purpose Flour
- 240 ml Water lukewarm
- 1½ pkg Dry active yeast
- 1½ tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 150 ml Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 2 pcs Potatoes small
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Baby Spinach
- 6 pcs Prosciutto
- In a large bowl, combine water, yeast and honey. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes
- Add ca. 300g flour and olive oil stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and work the rest of the flour in to the dough, kneading it on a floured surface for a few minutes. You can also do all the mixing and kneading in your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment
- Rub the same bowl with olive oil then place the dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for about 1 ½ hours
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Flour the surface on which you will roll the dough (to avoid sticking)
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin into the round or square shape (as you wish)
- Spread tomato sauce over the dough (till edges). Slice potatoes with the help of a veggie peeler in thin slices. Then place them on the dough, with the sun dried tomatoes
- Place the pizza dough on baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes (until golden brown)
- Once done, place the rest of the ingredients on top – baby spinach and prosciutto (you can add parmesan cheese as well)
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!