Autumn flavours of cinnamon, almonds, fresh puff pastry are the absolute highlight of this Puff Pastry Apple Galette. Fresh buttery puff pastry with a sweet almond mixture topped with fresh, crips apples. Of course we had to scoop it with some vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Absolutely delicious!!!!
In general you could also do this with a short crust dough, but this time we’ve decided to do a galette with this fresh puff pastry dough. Light and airy is what makes this galette irresistible.
The best is the combination of this sweet almond mixture, topped with sour apples and on top fresh vanilla ice cream. You have to eat it, while it’s still warm! 🙂
Feel free to peel the apples. Basti kept the skin for the color. It get’s also super soft.
If you make this Puff Pastry Apple Galette recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Puff Pastry Apple Galette
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry frozen
- 150 g Almonds blended
- 150 g Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 pcs Eggs beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Rum Extract
- 30 g Butter melted
- 6-8 pcs Apples depends on their size
- 1 pcs Lemon Juice
- 1 pcs Egg
- Splash of Water
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream for serving
- Caramel Sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC
- Roll out the puff pastry into a 30x25cm rectangle and carefully transfer into a ca. 25cm ovenproof cast iron pan.Press it gently into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate until ready to fill
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, sugar and salt and process until the almonds are finely grounded
- Add the eggs, vanilla & rum extract and the melted butter and process until everything comes together
- Slice the apple into thin slices. Coat them with the juice of one lemon to keep them from browning.
- Remove the puff pastry pan from the refrigerator and spoon the almond mixture on top of the crust in the bottom of the pan
- Arrange the apple slices. Overlap them upright in a circular pattern, working from the outside to the center
- Fold the excess puff pastry back over the edges of the pan to form a rim. Brush the pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with brown sugar
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crust is golden brown. It might take a little longer depending on your oven
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce (optional)