Roasted brussels sprouts and white beans salad for meatless Monday. It is so sad that a marketing campaign is giving us a push not to eat meat once a week. Honestly, we are not even aware how much meat we are eating until you start digging in deeper about benefits not eating it. Not a topic we should dig into here, because I think currently it is just a trend, a good trend but still we should think about that daily, not just when Instagram is saying that. We promote here a healthy way of eating, balanced eating which includes meat but low in fat and prepared in a way to get most out of it.
We eat not only once a week only veggies, not because it is trendy, just because we like it. Veggie recipes are so simple and quick to prepare. Recently I am crazy with fresh herbs, and cutting fresh herbs into any meal gives such a different twist.
This recipe is so simple and tasty. Nutty roasted brussels sprouts with creamy white beans and all mixed with lemon tahini dressing and a handful of fresh herbs. YUMMY! If you need a ‘fuller’ version of this meal, just add pasta in it.
If you make this brussels sprouts white beans salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and White Beans Salad
- 500 g Brussels Sprout
- 250 g White Beans
- Handful Fresh Parsley chopped
- Handful Fresh Dill chopped
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C
- Wash brussels sprouts and cut in half. Place them in a bowl and drizzle over olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix all together
- On a baking sheet spread halved brussels sprouts and place them in oven for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown)
- In the meantime, wash canned white beans and let them drain
- Once brussels sprouts are done, let them cool down
- Mix the cooled brussels sprouts with white beans
- In a small bowl, mix tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pour over tahini dressing and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Mix all together
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!