Roasted brussels sprouts and white beans salad for meatless Monday. It is so sad that a marketing campaign is giving us a push not to eat meat once a week. Honestly, we are not even aware how much meat we are eating until you start digging in deeper about benefits not eating it. Not a topic we should dig into here, because I think currently it is just a trend, a good trend but still we should think about that daily, not just when Instagram is saying that. We promote here a healthy way of eating, balanced eating which includes meat but low in fat and prepared in a way to get most out of it.
We eat not only once a week only veggies, not because it is trendy, just because we like it. Veggie recipes are so simple and quick to prepare. Recently I am crazy with fresh herbs, and cutting fresh herbs into any meal gives such a different twist.
This recipe is so simple and tasty. Nutty roasted brussels sprouts with creamy white beans and all mixed with lemon tahini dressing and a handful of fresh herbs. YUMMY! If you need a ‘fuller’ version of this meal, just add pasta in it.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and White Beans Salad
- 500 g Brussels Sprout
- 250 g White Beans
- Handful Fresh Parsley chopped
- Handful Fresh Dill chopped
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C
- Wash brussels sprouts and cut in half. Place them in a bowl and drizzle over olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix all together
- On a baking sheet spread halved brussels sprouts and place them in oven for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown)
- In the meantime, wash canned white beans and let them drain
- Once brussels sprouts are done, let them cool down
- Mix the cooled brussels sprouts with white beans
- In a small bowl, mix tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pour over tahini dressing and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Mix all together
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!