We are big fans of all kinds of spices that this beautiful round ball called Earth can offer us. Especially when you spice it up with something that does not match ‘on the paper’ but in your mouth you have taste explosion. These cinnamon glazed carrots and beets are as good as they sound. It’s a super healthy side dish and takes just a few ingredients. And I promise you, you have everything in your kitchen’s cupboard.
This is that type of dish. It is not uncommon to bake carrots with cinnamon, but beetroot with cinnamon and feta cheese on top? HELL YEA! Fresh carrots and beetroot coated with a cinnamon, lemonish marinade.
And for all, who are not the biggest beetroot lovers – you also should try it. This is not the usual beetroot you think of. Low carb dinner, veggie dinner or just a side dish. Up to you. Oh and did I mention amazing dip that matches perfectly?
Tahini Skyr dip with lemon and few sesame oil drops to dip in. We prepared these cinnamon glazed carrots and beetroot for our friends in the evening for dinner. They weren’t mush, perfectly tender-crisp. Of course you you prefer them really soft, keep them in the oven a couple of minutes longer.
I hope you will share the same love for this recipe as BeastFeast does!
Make sure to try these cinnamon clazed carrots and beets with some homemade hummus.
If you make these quick and tasty glazed carrots and beets, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We har happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
- Basting Brush
- 500 g Carrot peeled
- 300 g Beetroot cooked
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1½ tbsp Cinnamon
- Fresh Coriander
- ½ tbsp Honey
- Orange Zest
- 100 g Feta Cheese
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 5 tbsp Skyr
- Squeeze of Lemon
- ½ tbsp Sesame Oil
- For dip mix skyr, tahini, squeeze of half a lemon and salt and pepper to taste . Add few drops of sesame oil
- Peel carrots and cut cooked beetroot on quarters (Trick 1: why are we using already cooked beetroot? Does not take so long to roast them and they are much softer at the end)
- Preheat the oven on 180 °C. Place the baking sheet on a baking tray and spread carrots and beetroot
- In a small bowl mix as follows: olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper, honey (Trick 2: honey is helping all the ingredients stick nicely on veggies )
- Using basting brush coat carrots and beetroot with prepared mixture
- Place the veggies in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (Be careful that it is not burning so lower the heat if needed ). It is done when carrots are soft
- Take out the tray with veggies and let it cool down a bit
- In the meantime, chop fresh coriander and crumble feta, sprinkle over veggies
- Serve it with tahini skyr dip
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!