If you thought, we are done with Shakshuka recipes you were wrong. There is no such a thing as too much of Shakshuka. There are so many ways how to prepare it, which ingredients to use – sky is the limit!
This time we made whole eggplant Shakshuka roast. Way of preparing it is quite similar to our Tradition Shakshuka plus the most delicious roasted eggplants.
This whole eggplant Shakshuka roast is a perfect brunch idea for long lazy weekends. Looks amazing, right?
If you make this Roasted Eggplant Shakshuka, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Roasted Eggplant Shakshuka
- 500 g Chopped Tomatoes canned
- 2 pcs Tomatoes big
- 100 ml Tomato Passata optional
- 2 tsp Tomato Mark
- 2 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika Powder
- 6 pcs Garlic Cloves grated
- 5 pcs Eggs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 pcs Eggplant cut in half
- Handful Fresh Parsley & Coriander to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Prepare the sauce as per our Traditional Shakshuka
- While sauce is cooking prepare the eggplant - Cut each eggplant on half and with a knife make diagonal stripes on each half (flat side). Place eggplant on baking sheet facing flat size up. Sprinkle salt, pepper and 1tsp smoked paprika and drizzle over olive oil
- Place them on baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until they got soft
- Once sauce is done, take out the eggplants and spread the sauce over each piece then crack the eggs on top
- Place the eggplants back to the oven and bake for another few minutes- until eggs are done
- Once done, sprinkle over fresh parsley & coriander and serve it warm
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!