Hokkaido meets chickpea: we’ll show you a simple recipe for roasted pumpkin hummus! Because hummus deserves a fall makeover as well. Is there any time in which hummus is not appropriate? I doubt it. Roasted Pumpkin Hummus. Serve the beautiful golden hummus with tasty crackers for a real gathering snack!
We actually are addicted to our wasa crackers. They are perfect to dip or to enjoy pure.
Hummus is one of the tastiest and most popular spreads ever. By now you know how often we eat hummus.:) The basic variant is made with chickpeas and tahini. The creamy chickpea paste is extremely easy to combine with other delicious vegetables in a variety of ways, such as our pumpkin hummus or our regular one, which we already made for our Baharat spiced beef.
Pumpkin hummus is prepared just as fast and uncomplicated as normal hummus. And during pumpkin season we almost do everything with pumpkin!
Is pumpkin really that healthy?
Do you ask yourself, if that can be even healthy. And Yes, it is healthy! Pumpkin grounds and nourishes, the body as well as the soul alike. But he can do much more.
- Pumpkin Flesh contains vitamins A, C, E as well as potassium, calcium, magnesium and folic acid.
- The nuclei contain vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E as well as selenium.
With this selection of vitamins, you not only provide your body, but especially your soul. Because your psyche benefits from an optimal vitamin supply more than you might think.
Combined with many beautiful colors and deliciously spiced, this roasted pumpkin hummus is something you should not miss this fall.
If you make this roasted pumpkin hummus recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- 150 g Pumpkin
- 1 pcs Garlic Clove
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Grounded Cumin
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup optional
- Fresh Parsley optional
- Sesame Seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C
- In a bowl, toss together the pumpkin pieces, oil and cumin. Spread the pieces out on a lined baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the edges of the pumpkin have become a little blackened
- Place the pumpkin and chickpeas in a food processor along with the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt & pepper
- Blend until smooth, adding more olive oil as necessary. Add more tahini, maple syrup and salt to taste
- Scoop into a serving bowl drizzled with some olive oil and sprinkled with parsley
- Serve with chips, crackers or toasted pita bread
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!