This recipe idea was born out of pure love to cheese and pumpkin. Yes, pumpkin season is not on the peak anymore but hey! It doesn’t mean we still can’t enjoy this tasty, creamy and nutty bites. This pumpkin on whipped feta is a quick and easy dish. Sometimes I simply love quick and easy dishes.
What I love about pumpkin is that you can cut it in any shape you desire and prepare as well in so many different ways – our pumpkin fries, pumpkin bread, roasted pumpkin are just some recipes I want to mention. You name it – we have it! 🙂
This time we wanted to prepare something quick and easy, something that can be a late afternoon snack or a side dish. I am in love in those simple recipes that look so good on the plate and brings you joy like a meal that was prepared for hours in the kitchen.
Whipped Feta Creme
Let’s talk about our creamy whipped feta. Not sure what to tell you about, except how amazing it is. So simple to make and you can combine it with all kinds of recipes. The combination of the zesty and salty taste of feta paired with the sweet and nutty taste of pumpkin. Did you already try our pumpkin gnocchi? But combinations are endless, you can as well prepare it as a dip for roasted veggies or quinoa salad…..I have so many ideas now! 🙂
First let’s do this quick and easy pumpkin on whipped feta and after we will bring more whipped feta cream recipes!
Enjoy this light dish!
Roasted Pumpkin on Whipped Feta
- 300 g Pumpkin cut in cubes
- 150 g Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Skyr optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- Pumpkin Seeds to garnish
- Fresh Parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- On a baking sheet spread the pumpkin cubes, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle over some olive oil and mix all together till evenly coated
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and soft
- While pumpkin is roasting, mix in the food processor feta, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix it until you get creamy mass (in case it doesn’t get creamy, add Skyr) – amount of feta and Skyr depends on how much cream you want to prepare (fell free to adapt)
- Once pumpkin is roasted, spread the feta cream on a plate and on top place roasted pumpkin cubes. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and fresh parsley (feel free to add few drops of pumpkin oil)
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!