Pumpkin season is just around the corner. First pumpkins are already available in some stores so we grabbed it as soon as we could. There are so many recipes you can do with pumpkin. From sweets, soups, purée, dip…. This time we celebrate our roasted pumpkin recipe and giving to it all the attention as the main dish.
Pumpkin is a berry?
Given the size of some pumpkin species, it is hard to believe that the fruits are botanically considered berries – as well as cucumbers and melons with which the tasty giant fruits are closely related. The species and variety of the plant family is huge, as well as the many uses. Pumpkin tastes raw as well as cooked, baked, fried or fried.
This simple roasted pumpkin recipe is really one of my favorite ones. Roasting the pumpkin is bringing all out from that beautiful veggie. It is nutty, sweet and creamy. Sprinkled just with salt and pepper, served together with fresh dip made out of skyr and pumpkin oil. So yummy!
This is literally 30 minute meal. Either main dish, side dish or as a perfect starter.
Do you love the fall as well? Here are some other pumpkin recipe inspirations
If you make these quick and tasty roasted pumpkin recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We har happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Roasted Pumpkin with a creamy Pumpkin Oil Dip
- 1 pcs Pumpkin we used a hokkaido pumpkin
- Olive Oil extra virgin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp Skyr You can also Joghurt
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Oil
- Heat up the oven on 170 °C
- Cut the pumpkin on half and take out the soft middle and seeds with the spoon. Cut the pumpkin on slices
- Prepare the baking tray and baking sheet
- Place pumpkin sliced on the sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle over olive oil
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until gets soft with golden color
- For dip mix the Skyr with pumpkin oil. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve warm and enjoy you BeastFeast!