When I thought we did all possible salmon recipes, we got our hands-on our beloved Jerusalem cookbook. Among many yummy recipes I was most curious about this one, Salmon in chraimeh sauce or how we call it – The Red sauce. Sweet, spicy, bright with lemon, and rich with complex, warm spices with juicy fresh salmon fillets.
This spicy tomato sauce, called chraimeh is the star!
It is so simple to make this dish, but reading through the recipe, you are asking yourself if mixing all of these spices can make a tasty sauce? And let me tell you, not only it is yummy, next time I was using double the ingredients to make more as we were literally licking our fingers afterwards.
Chraimeh sauce – The Red sauce will amaze you, trust me. It a perfect hosting dinner idea and can be served with pearl couscous or rice.
We did a bit of adjustments to original recipe and not making it that spicy.
And don’t forget: if you make this salmon in chraimeh sauce, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Salmon in Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 4 pcs Salmon Fillet ca. 600g
- 110 ml Olive Oil
- 6 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- 1 tbsp Caraway Seeds cumin seeds is a decent replacement
- 1½ tsp Grounded Cumin
- ⅓ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 150 ml Water
- 3 tbsp Tomato Pureé
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Handful Fresh Coriander
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the garlic, all the spices and seeds and 2 tbsp olive oil in a food processor and blitz it well to form a thick paste. If you need more ‘liquids’ add few drops of oil
- Heat up a pan over medium heat and drizzle in some olive oil and add spice paste, cook for few seconds (not longer to avoid spice burning)
- Add water and tomato puree and bring to boil then add sugar, lemon juice, ¾ tsp salt and pepper
- Place salmon in the sauce, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes (you can as well put the ovenproof pan in the oven on 180°C)
- Once done, sprinkle over chopped coriander and serve it with rice or couscous
- Enjoy your BeastFeats!