Fish time or maybe better to say salmon time again. Maybe we are already boring with salmon but we can’t help ourselves, it is so tasty and with salmon recipes you can be crazy creative. Like this time with our mediterranean oven baked salmon on a bed made of capers, anchovies and artichokes.
This time we played a bit with the crust. Actually, reversed crust, so maybe we should call it a ‘bed’. To be more clear, a salty bed. What I do not like about crust, usually you need to put butter and parmesan to make it work. You probably know I am all about the butter, but sometimes I wish for clean and simple food. So this time, I’ve decided to ditch the cheese and butter out of this oven baked salmon recipe.
Again, you have zero excuses for not eating healthy. This recipe is super quick and easy to prepare. Salmon ‘bed’ is made from anchovies, capers and artichokes – that is the magic! Combination of salty bed with sweet and soft salmon is amazing.
There are many varieties of salmon which vary in color from red to orange, and some fattier than others. We typically choose fresh Atlantic salmon, when it’s available for a leaner choice. You should also try our honey-mustard glazed salmon with pomegranate in rotation with this spiced salmon dish to switch things up.
How to prepare your oven baked salmon?
I actually prefer baking the salmon. Of course during the cold times I do not want to spend time in front of our BBQ grill and shaking, just to get a nice piece of salmon. 🙂 But it simply doesn’t need much oil if any at all. So keeping our healthy in mind, we reduce those extra unwanted calories or soggy bites. Also a big advantage of doing an oven baked salmon are the spices. You can add robustly, earthy spices to give a punch of flavor. Usually all your good spices just burn on the grill, if you do not pay attention.
I will never stop saying this: Please allow yourself to be creative in the kitchen, if you combine all the ingredients you like, you can’t go wrong.
If you make this oven baked salmon recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Salmon on a Mediterranean Bed
- 800 g Fresh Salmon Fillet cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 2 pcs Artichoke Hearts marinated (oil)
- 2 pcs Anchovy Fillets marinated (oil)
- Handful Fresh Dill
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Lemon Slices
- 4 tbsp Skyr
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Place anchovies, capers and artichokes into food processor, drizzle in olive oil and pepper (Important: Do not add salt as the ingredients are salty enough). If you need more ‘paste’ for salmon bed, just add more of each ingredient
- One baking sheet cut on 4 equal pieces and on each piece in the middle spread the paste to make the nice bed for salmon
- Place the salmon on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle some olive oil and place 2 lemon pieces on each salmon fillet
- Place the salmon in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (depends how thick fillets are)
- In the meantime, prepare a skyr dip with mixing skyr with lemon juice, drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Once salmon is done, sprinkle over fresh dill and serve all with a nice salad or roasted potatoes
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!