Oh sweet summer nights and simple food. That is what I love about summer. You can serve something simple like cod fish baked in sweet tomato sauce and it will be simply amazing. But let me clarify, this is not just a tomato sauce, this is the Beastfeast version of Sicilian caponata. Sicilian Fish with Caponata is the taste of Mediterranean.
Homemade sauce made out of sweet tomatoes, salty olives, rosemary and splash of white wine. Honestly, this caponata sauce would be perfect with some fresh homemade pasta as well. Well, next time….
Other Cod Fish Recipes
If you make this Sicilian fish with caponata, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Fish on a Bed of Sicilian Caponata
- 2 pcs Cod Fish Fillet ca. 800g
- 750 g Cherry Tomatoes soft
- 4 pcs Garlic Cloves
- 100 ml White Wine
- Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Handful Olives green and black
- Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- In ovenproof pan heat up the olive oil, press garlic cloves and let it cook for a minute – don't burn
- Once garlic is softer toss in cherry tomatoes and let them cook until they start release liquids, then add rosemary
- Cook them on medium heat for another 5-10 minutes then splash with white wine – cook until tomatoes are completely soft (you can add tomato sauce if you need more liquid)
- Season with salt and pepper, add the olives
- In the meantime, season the cod fish with salt and pepper and place it on the grill pan with olive oil, cook for about 2 minutes per side then place the fish into the sauce
- Place the pan with the sauce and fish in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes
- Once done, sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and drizzle over olive oil
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!