Everyone needs a simple classic spaghetti bolognese recipe, right?
Why I love this spaghetti bolognese recipe? Because you are preparing the sauce in the oven. For me it means relax and stress-free cooking.
The biggest trick is the oven. You cook the sauce very gently until it’s super rich and creamy. And hey, it doesn’t take a lot of ingredients (or a lot of money) to make a classic spaghetti bolognese recipe. What it does take, though, is patience for the sauce to achieve the ideal authentic texture. But I promise you, this is maybe the best bolognese recipe you will ever do! 🙂
If you are making this spaghetti Bolognese, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Simple Classic Spaghetti Bolognese
- 500 g Minced Beef
- 500 g Spaghetti
- 200 ml Red Wine
- 1 jar Sun-dried Tomatoes ca. 250g
- 2 jars Plum Tomatoes ca. 800g
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 pcs Onion diced
- 2 pcs Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 4 pcs Slices of Smoked Bacon
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Peel and chop onion and garlic then finely chop fresh rosemary and slice the bacon on small cubical pieces
- Place the casserole dish over a medium heat and drizzle in olive oil to heat up, add the bacon, rosemary, garlic and onion and cook for few minutes until softened and golden
- Add the minced beef and stir until beef is broken apart in crumbs, then cook for few minutes until beef starting to brown, then pour in the wine. Cook until the liquid is almost gone
- Meanwhile drain sun-dried tomatoes and place them into a food processor and mix them untilyou get a paste
- Mix in the paste to the beef together with the tomatoes. Stir all together well
- Cover with a lid then place in the oven for 1 hour
- After 30 minutes stir well again– if it looks a little dry add a splash of water
- In the meantime, cook the spaghetti as per instructions on the package
- Mix spaghetti and Bolognese sauce all in one bowl or separately in each plate just make sure you grate a lot of Parmesan on top
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!