You’ve never heard about skuta? 🙂 Skuta is a traditional Croatian ricotta-type cheese. From it you can prepare many different recipes, from sweets to savory meals; appetizer, main dish, dessert or just a snack. I made a nice skuta cheese with peaches recipe.
Recently when we were on vacation in my beautiful Croatia on the coast in Istra, we went to an amazing restaurant Monte where we ate a skuta dessert with oranges. Wow, an absolute taste explosion. After that I decided I am not coming back home without skuta cheese so we went to the farmers market to buy it.
Skuta is specific for its light but yet aromatic taste, it is so creamy and it fits perfect with salty and sweet.
This time we prepared both sweet and salty combination just to taste is it really that good. Honestly, it was not good, it was AMAZING!!!! So yummy that even brought it with myself on a business trip next day and ate it in the plane. 🙂
Check this out; skuta cheese mixed with olive oil, on top bitter zesty rucola and honey glazed peaches. BAM! You must try it and don’t be afraid to play around with some toppings. If you like this skuta cheese with peaches recipe, but you are not really a peaches fan? Don’t worry, grab some figs or pears, they also fit perfect.
If you need more delicious recipe ideas with skuta cheese, you should try this delicious and fluffy skuta walnut bread. I simply love everything with cheese. 🙂
If you make this cheese with peaches recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Skuta Cream with Grilled Peaches
- 200 g Skuta Cheese optional ricotta cheese
- Olive Oil
- 3 pcs Peaches
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- Handful Rucola Salad
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place skuta cheese in a bowl and drizzle in olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Whick all together until it gets creamy
- Wash rucola and drizzle over lemon juice with few drops of olive oil and salt and pepper
- Cut in half peached (take out the middle stone), oil the inner side of the peach and place on the grill (lower heat), after 2 minutes remove them and glaze with honey, place back on the grill just for 30 sec or until golden brown
- To serve spread skuta cream on the plate, place on top rucola and glazed peached, drizzle with few drops of olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and salt – adding pine nuts is optional ( I like it cause it gives also extra nutty taste )
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!