Potatoes! Raise your hand if potatoes are your comfort food? Some like mashed or baked or cooked. Crispy soft warm potatoes. With butter, cream, olive oil, sea salt, herbs … you name it!
Not sure if I met anyone who does not like potatoes.
This time we prepared crispy baked smashed potatoes – we precook them to make sure they are nice and soft, just smash them and bake till crispy. Use a lot of garlic powder if you want them nice garlicy crispy.
Yup – that would be our ideal rainy day comfort food.
If you make these super easy pesto smashed potatoes, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Smashed Pesto Potatoes
- 500 g Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- BeastFeast Pesto
- Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place the potatoes into a large pot, add water to cover potatoes for two fingers. Turn up the heat above medium and bring it to boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft (try with the fork). Drain the potatoes and place them on baking sheet (let them cool down for few minutes)
- Now we need to smash potatoes but bot using the masher as we literally just want to press them down. You can use a mug and press piece by piece or use another tray which you will place over potatoes and equally press down
- Sprinkle over salt and pepper to taste, drizzle olive oil, add garlic powder and rosemary. Mix all together gently with your hands
- Place baking tray with potatoes in preheated oven and roast until golden, 20-30 minutes
- In the meantime, prepare BeastFeast pesto (cause is the besto)
- Once potatoes are done, remove them from the oven, drizzle over pesto and you are ready to serve!
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!