Writing about this amazing snickerdoodle cookies recipe is pretty hard. Why? Because I just finished the last cookie and I am pretty sad they are gone. 🙂 They are soo good! These snickerdoodle cookies are soft and chewy, this sugar cinnamon coating makes them simply perfect. Who has ever eaten these cookies, can maybe understand why these sweet treats are so addictive!
What do you need for this snickerdoodle cookie recipe?
For these tasty cookies you do not need many ingredients and most of all, you don’t need any special ingredients! I recommend the use of real Ceylon cinnamon, which is healthier and tastes better too.
Proven Facts about snickerdoodle cookies
The cookie dough does not need to be refrigerated for a long time. 1 hour is really nothing.
The dough is airy, light and fluffy. The ingredients are loosely whipped with the stirrer and then formed into balls, which are then rolled in a sugar-cinnamon mixture.
The sugar-cinnamon taste is more dominant here, but not unpleasant. If you like our cinnamon rolls, this is the best cookie recipe you ever try! 🙂
How to prepare those round cookies?
To bake round cookies, I recommend using an ice cream scoop. This makes it really easy to sculp little balls that are all the same size and you only need to dig them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and then spread them on a baking tray with a LOT of space. The biscuits will be as big as the cookies from Subway or Starbucks. If that’s too big for you, then just make smaller balls. 🙂
These cookies are perfect for the Christmas time ahead of us. I think we now officially open the Christmas season and you will probably discover here more delicious recipes for the next few weeks.
If you make this yummy snickerdoodle cookies recipe, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 120 g Butter
- 100 g Sugar
- 65 g Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 pcs Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 g All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 50 g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar and salt and stir until light and airy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and stir well – for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and then add to the bowl. (Tipp: Stir - just mix with the remaining ingredients - do not stir too much.)
- Form 14-16 balls of dough with an ice cream scoop or tablespoon and place on a plate or wooden board - cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl and coat each cookie dough ball in it. Slightly press the balls (really light - the rest of the oven) and place them on the trays with sufficient space (5cm) and bake for 9-10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on the plates for about 10 minutes - then let it cool down completely on a wire rack
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!