Whole chicken roast is without a doubt one of my GO TO meals when I crave for real homemade food. Super juicy spiced whole chicken roast with sage apples and onions. All rubbed in a spicy Moroccan spice mix.
Yup we mixed sage, morrocan spices and apples – result: YUMMY! You know we are ambassadors of ‘being creative in kitchen’ and this is again just a proof it can’t go wrong.
Amazing sweet and spiced taste that is a perfect meal for family weekend gathering.
This time we did not add potatoes but feel free to add potatoes together with chicken to roast.
Sides for your whole roasted chicken
If you make this juicy whole roasted chicken, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Spiced Moroccan Chicken Roast
- Dutch Oven
- 1 pcs Whole Chicken ca. 1.5kg
- 2 pcs Purple Onions
- 1 pcs Apple
- Handful Fresh Sage Leaves
- 2 tbsp Moroccan Spice Mix
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Rub the chicken with the spice mix and season it with salt and pepper. Rub it all well around the whole chicken
- Place the dutch oven (a pig pot) over a medium heat and drizzle in olive oil. Cut onions and apple on quarters and place in the pot, season with salt and pepper. Add fresh sage. Cook for 3-5 minutes over medium heat
- Remove the dutch oven from the heat and place spiced chicken in it (in the middle of apple and onions)
- Cover with a lid a place in the oven to roast for about 1h. In the end uncover it a roast for 10 minutes (roasting time depends on the size of the chicken (1.5kg chicken will be perfectly roasted after 1 hour 20 mins)
- Once done, let it rest for few minutes – serve it with potatoes or any other side dish you crave for
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!