Writing about this Steak Onion Sandwich recipe on a Tuesday afternoon, just before dinner is definitely not a good idea! Just looking at these yummy photos and you are instantly hungry. This is the most juicy steak onion sandwich loaded with tender beef, caramelised onions. Dipped in mustard and BBQ Sauce.
Caramelised onions with grilled steak – heaven!
There is nothing not to love about this steak onion sandwich. Nothing too much or nothing to add. In fact, when I talk about sandwiches or burgers, I like them as simple as possible. This steak onion sandwich is exactly about steak and caramelised onions. So often we experience heavily overloaded burgers or sandwich recipes. I rather stick to some good old classics.
The perfect sandwich doesn’t need much!
I tell you; nothing is better than yummy fresh crusty bread, great quality meat and a sauce! And there you go, you have the perfect sandwich. The perfect sandwich bread has to be crusty from the outside and soft from the inside. It’s the perfect easy lunch or dinner recipe, which everyone will love!
If you are making this fabulous Steak Onion Sandwich recipe, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Juice Steak Onion Sandwich
- 400 g Flank Steak
- 3 pcs Purple Onions
- 30 g Butter
- 70 g Brown Sugar
- 100 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 loaf Fresh Ciabatta Bread we’ve used walnut ciabatta
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- BBQ Sauce
- Fresh Salad Leaves optional
- Peel the onions and cut them into 1 cm thick rounds
- Heat up a non sticking pan over medium heat and add butter, drizzle of olive oil
- Once the butter has melted, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, once glazed add sugar and let it caramelize a bit
- Pour in the vinegar, reduce the heat to low and let it caramelize for 10-15 minutes
- In the meantime, put the ciabatta in the oven and heat it up at around 100ºC
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, drizzle some olive oil and rub the steak. Place it on the grill or grilling pan and grill each side for ca. 3 minutes, or how you like your steak
- Remove the steak to a plate and let it sit for 1-2 minutes, then slice it into 1cm thick pieces
- Cut the ciabatta into half and spoon BBQ sauce and mustard on the loafs. Layer over the caramlised onions, the steak and top it with some salad leaves if you like
- Put the other piece of ciabatta bread on top, press it smoothly down
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!