Our love for summer recipes is endless. Even though, eggplants are available on the shelves all year long. In the end, we are talking about real summer veggie. This eggplant ricotta involtini recipe is the perfect veggie idea. Ideal for a busy weeknight dinner!
July is the season peak for this veggie and we are properly celebrating and using it! 🙂
This simple eggplant ricotta involtini will blow your mind. Not only it is meatless, it has as well tons of yummy creamy cheese AND it is low carb! Can’t get better than this!
Famous veggie dish from Italy
Eggplant ricotta involtini is famous Italian dish so of course it is bursting with taste of Mediterranean. Especially if it is done with homemade tomato sauce and adding just fresh basil on top makes such a different in taste.
And cheese…should I even talk about creamy ricotta from the inside and melted cheese on top?!
We are completely in love in simplicity of this recipe which is such a hearty summer dish.
If you make this eggplant ricotta involtini recipe, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Other Tasty Eggplant Recipes
Super Tasty Eggplant Ricotta Involtini
- 4 pcs Eggplants large, sliced into about ½ cm slices
- 250 g Ricotta Cheese
- 250 g Cream Cheese
- Fresh Parsley and Basil chopped
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves crushed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- 1 pcs Purple Onion finely chopped
- 3 pcs Garlic Cloves crushed
- 800 g Tomatoes canned (sauce or chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 250 g Mozzarella Cheese grated
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Prepare the grilling pan and brush each eggplant slice with olive oil and place on a very hot pan. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside. Continue until all the slices are grilled
- To prepare the tomato sauce, in oven proof pan heat u the olive oil and cook chopped onions and garlic until soft. Add the tomatoes and seasonings simmer for 10 minutes
- In the meantime, make ricotta filling with combining all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well
- When you have it all ready, you can make involtini - place a tbsp of the ricotta filling onto a slice of eggplant and roll up. Place in the tomato sauce (in oven proof pan) and continue until all the slices have been used
- Top the involitinis with mozzarella cheese then place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the oven top with fresh basil and serve
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!