This roasted nuts and pretzel mix recipe is just perfect for the cold evenings. Sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and snacking homemade sweet and savoury nuts and pretzels is just what we wished for.
We all know these evenings, when we crave some snacks while watching tv, right? The worst are salted nuts. Once I start it is so hard to stop again. I am really addicted to them. But hey, we are right in the Christmas time. Mulled wine, cookies, nuts…There is no better time, where I simply everything is allowed, right? Or maybe I just made that up, but it sounds good! 🙂
It’s crazy, Christmas is really just two weeks away. Time is running so fast! But we looooove this time of the year. Cozy warm nights, hearty warm food and some candles is what I love during these days! And this nuts and pretzels mix is the perfect snack! 🙂
For this nuts mix, we mainly used peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts and macadamia nuts. Unfortunately I was running out of cashew nuts…might be because they are my favorite and I just eat them all always once we buy some new ones. Along with the pretzels it is such a perfect new twist. The coating made out of soy, maple and some spices makes it so special. But here one thing to point out. I would recommend to use low sodium soy sauce, as it will get really salty very quickly.
I know, I know. Talking about addiction with snacking and hard to stop and then, we just pull out another addicting recipe is not really helping. But you guys have to try it. This mix is spicy, hint of rosemary, and the touch of sweetness all combined with the saltiness is simple PERFECT!
It really does not take a long time to do this and is always great to have!
Enjoy your snacking evening with this roasted nuts recipe!
And if you make this cauliflower, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Sweet ‘n’ Salty Pretzel Nut Mix
- 350 g Mixed Nuts
- 150 g Pretzels
- 20 g Salted Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 30 ml Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, combine the nuts and spread in a single layer. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and toast. You have to be really careful not to let them burn!
- Remove them from the oven and add the pretzels, butter, soy sauce, maple, rosemary, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and salt
- Toss well to evenly combined
- Return to the oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the nuts are glazed.
- Serve warm with additional rosemary or cool completely and store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!