Jump to Recipe
We love Buddha bowls. If you are looking for a quick and healthy recipe for your dinner, here it is. A delicious amazing sweet potato buddha bowl. I am always flashed, actually there is no right or wrong recipe for buddha bowls. You just have to keep in mind; make it healthy and fun. Actually, it is just an overstuffed bowl. 🙂
Sometimes we make them just out of veggies and grains. But this time, we’ve added grilled chicken and instead of grains, mashed sweet potatoes, which gave such a nice twist to this bowl. In the mash sweet potatoes you can add few drops of sesame oil or pumpkin oil, just to spice it up a little bit. 🙂
This meal is ready in 20-30 minutes and you can always make it out of almost any leftovers from fridge.
How to make a sweet potato buddha bowl
You probably already saw some of our other buddha bowl, which to be honest, is almost the same, but also so different. There is no left or right guys. 🙂 There are endless ways to put together a Buddha bowl. I always go for color, texture and protein. The toppings on this amazing sweet potato buddha bowl are mashed sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, avocado, cherry tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese and some green leaves.
Most of the traditional Buddha bowls are with tahini sauce dressing. We usually have our BeastFeast Pesto in the fridge, we played with that and drizzled the bowl with some fresh basil pesto. But always remember, there are really no limits. You can use any type of grain for the base. Other great options are barley, bulgur wheat, farro or brown rice. If you consider this bowl as a low carb option, just add green leaves.
Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
- 2 pcs Sweet Potato medium sized
- 400 g Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 pcs Avocado
- Handful Green Salad
- Handful Fresh Herbs (Parsley, Dill, Mint) roughly chopped
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 100 g Feta Cheese crumbled
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Peel the sweet potatoes and bring them to the boil
- In the meantime, place chicken breasts into the bowl, drizzle in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all together and keep it in the fridge to marinate for 15 minutes
- Once potato is boiled, drain it and mash it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and you can add few drops of sesame oil
- After marinating the chicken in the fridge, take it out and place on a grill (medium heat) and grill it from 5-7 minutes each side (depends how strong is you flame and how thick are your chicken breast)
- Once the chicken is done, cut it on thin slices and you are ready to create your Buddha bowl
- In a round bowl or a plate place few spoons of mashed sweet potato, handful of green salad, fresh herbs and chicken. On top add avocado slices, halved cherry tomatoes and sprinkle crumbled feta cheese
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!