This sticky sweet sour chicken meatballs recipe, served with a fresh and crunchy quinoa salad, is the perfect healthy lunch solution. Be honest, it sounds like a perfect quick and easy meal. And it is!
Again no excuses to eat healthy. Most of these ingredients you will always have at home.
Healthy bowl of chicken and quinoa
Chicken meatballs are oven baked which makes them so soft and juicy. Preparing the quinoa salad, there are absolutely no rules, how it should be made. Literally just toss in, whatever you have from veggies and greens. We made this healthy sweet sour chicken meatball quinoa bowl with chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and crunchy steamed broccoli.
The best part of this recipe is definitely the sweet sour chilli sauce, which is drizzled over the warm juicy chicken meatballs. I don’t know why, but this sweet sour sauce is absolutely the best one I’ve ever tried so far.
This sticky sweet sour chicken meatballs recipe, with fresh and crunchy quinoa salad will become your favourite meal prep and quick and easy meal.
Are you a meatball lover? Try these recipes!
And don’t forget: if you make this chicken meatball recipe idea, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Sweet Sour Chicken Meatballs
- 500 g Boneless Chicken Breast minced
- 1 pcs Broccoli head
- 100 g Quinoa
- 1 pcs Cucumber
- 100 g Chickpeas
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pcs Onion
- Handful Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- White Aceto Balsamico
- Sweet Sour Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a big bowl, mix together chopped onion, minced chicken, chopped herbs, drizzle a bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything well together
- Make small balls from chicken mixture and spread them on the prepared baking sheet
- Place the chicken meatballs in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown
- In the meantime cook the quinoa as per package instructions and let it cool down to room temperature
- Steam the broccoli or boil it (leave a bit al dente to be crunchy)
- Prepare the rest of the veggies for the salad: wash and drain the chickpeas, cut in half the cherry tomatoes, cut the cucumber and cut broccoli in smaller pieces
- In a bowl, mix all the veggies with the quinoa, season it with salt and pepper, drizzle in some olive oil and add a spoon of white aceto balsamico. Mix it all well till evenly coated
- Serve quinoa salad in a bowl and on top place the chicken meatballs. Sweet chilli sauce comes on top of meatballs
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!