Soups are my favourite field to play on. So many different options are available to explore. Veggies, spices, cream/no cream. This time we are preparing the broccoli soup without cream spiced up with baharat spices.
Every time when I talk about cream soup, Basti is freaking out as he is really not a fan of heavy cream. Would you believe me if I say that in my life I never mixed any cream in the soup? Really… never! Also our roasted tomato soup is without cream.
I always just blend it and sometimes, but really sometimes, I add few drops of coconut milk.
Broccoli soup is one of my favourite ones, because of the taste but as well this amazing colour. You just know and can be sure, you ate your daily dose of greens. 🙂
Tahini and Baharat are making the difference. Yes, we love tahini.
Baharat comes from the Arab world and is used there to season fish, lamb and vegetables.
Spicy peppery with many exotic spices such as black cumin, cumin, coriander, cardamom and some cinnamon. It adds such an interesting flavour to this creamy broccoli soup.
If you make this broccoli soup without cream, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Tahini Spiced Broccoli Soup
- Place the pot with water over medium heat and bring it to the boil
- In the meantime, chop the broccoli on smaller pieces (for faster and easier cooking)
- Once water is boiling add the broccoli and cook for 10-15 minutes (depends on broccoli pieces – size). To make sure broccoli is cooked, pinch it with a fork to see if it is soft
- Once broccoli is cooked, place it in the food processor (don’t throw away the water), mix it until smooth adding water until you get consistency you desire (I like it thick)
- Pour the mixture back in the pot and bring to boil, add Baharat and if needed for creaminess add a bit of coconut milk. Stir it well and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Serve it on top with a mixture of tahini and Skyr and chopped parsley
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!