Actually this should be called teriyaki with beef, not the other way around. There is not such a thing like too much teriyaki sauce…never! This teriyaki beef with pumpkin fries tastes as good as it looks.
Something similar we once ate in Hamburg at XeÔm and completely fell in love with this combo. For me this is the perfect soul food of modern age.
Crispy ground beef in teriyaki, nutty spiced pumpkin fries and fresh zesty guacamole. All sprinkled with fresh coriander. So good!
Pumpkin fries can as well be replaced with sweet potato fries. But I highly recommend to try out these pumpkin fries.
Teriyaki beef – yes, but which pumpkin i should use?
You can prepare the pumpkin puffs from almost all types of pumpkin. Depending on the variety, the fries tastes mild, nutty or slightly spicy. I recommend hokkaido pumpkin.
What is the advantage of pumpkin fries?
Pumpkin fries are delicious and are low in calories. In addition, pumpkin fries are always naturally gluten-free, lactose-free, sugar-free.
Can you use another kind of meat?
If you don’ have grounded beef, swap it with some grounded chicken, pork, turkey or even crumbled extra firm tofu. Most of our meals, we always cook beef or chicken.
If you make this teriyaki beef pumpkin fries recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Teriyaki Beef with Pumpkin Fries
- 500 g Ground Beef
- ½ pcs Purple Onion
- 50 ml Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ Pumpkin Hokkaido Pumpkin
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven on 180 °C
- Cut the half of pumpkin in fries shapes. Spread it over baking sheet, sprinkle with smoked paprika powder, salt and pepper and drizzle over olive oil. Place all in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft and golden brown
- Place the pan over the medium heat and drizzle over some olive oil, add chopped onions and cook them on lower heat until golden and soft. Add the beef and salt and pepper to taste. Higher up the heat and stir the beef all the time until gets crispy 10-15 minutes. At the end pour in teriyaki sauce and mix all together. Cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Serve it all together in one plate
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!