Moisty, soft, fruity and slightly tasting of cinnamon: I could literally put myself in this healthy chia banana bread! This recipe does not contain any added sugar, instead of fat, applesauce is the key. In this recipe, the eggs are replaced with chia seeds and instead of flour, gluten-free oatmeal is used. This makes this banana bread the hit!
Do I need overripe bananas for banana bread?
The answer is no, not urgent – they just must not be immature. Overripe bananas have a more mushy consistency than normal ripe bananas, but they don’t add flavor to the cake. Ripe bananas with brown spots are ideal. They still have a certain firmness so that you can still feel banana pieces after baking. Completely overripe bananas completely disappear as slush in the dough. Bananas that still have green areas are an absolute no-go. Here too little starch has turned into sugar, which affects the sweetness and therefore the full aroma of the cake.
Vegan banana bread as a healthy take away snack
I like to prepare the banana bread on Sunday, so I have a healthy snack to take with me over the next few days. Equipped with a few slices of banana bread without sugar, I am also well prepared on the go if I feel like something sweet.
If you make this moist chia banana bread, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
In need for some other amazing “bread” recipes? You should try:
Vegan Chia Banana Bread
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 200 g Oat Flour glutenfree
- 3 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3 pcs Banana ripe
- 150 g Apple Sauce unsweetened
- 80 g Chocolate Drops sugar free (optional)
- 1 pcs Banana
- 30 g Chocolate Drops sugar free (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a 22cm baking pan with baking paper
- Mix the chia seeds with 9 tablespoons of lukewarm water. Let it soak for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix the oat flour with the baking powder and cinnamon
- Mash the bananas. Add the apple sauce and soaked chia seeds and mix in. Mix well and add the dry ingredients and fold in carefully. Finally, fold the chocolate drops under the dough
- Fill the batter into the prepared form. Cut the banana lengthways and lay on the surface, sprinkle with chocolate drops
- Place the banana bread in the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 60 minutes
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!
To thaw, unwrap and leave at room temperature for about 4 hours.