We love summer salads! Fresh, crispy, light and yummy salads. This time the traditional French classic Niçoise Salad is pimped with taste of Vietnamese cuisine. Voila – we present you the Vietnamese Niçoise Salad!
The Niçoise salad is a French recipe from city of Nice. Traditionally made of tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, olives and anchovies or tuna, drizzled olive oil. It is a true Mediterranean summer salad.
So why to change something already that yummy? Just because we wanted to have fun! 🙂
And it turned so amazing! Fresher and more exotic! We didn’t change it much, just added a bit of taste of Vietnamese cuisine – sesame seeds on grilled tuna, snap peas and lemon juice dressing.
Amazing meal after a long sunny day.
If you make this special Vietnamese version of the Niçoise Salad, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Vietnamese Niçoise Salad
- Handful Snap Peas Ready to eat - steamed
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Handful Fresh Olives pitted
- Handful Mix Green Salad
- 600 g Tuna Steak
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 pcs Eggs
- 1 Juice of Lime
- 1 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Marinate tuna steak with honey and soy, leave it in the fridge for at least an hour
- Bring the water up to a boil, then lower it to a rapid simmer. Add the eggs to the pot, and then begin timing. Five minutes is perfect for a runny yolk, or cook as long as seven minutes for a more firmly yolk – once eggs are done leave them aside to cool down before pealing
- In the meantime, grill tuna steak – 3 minutes on each side (depends how thick is your tuna and how you like it)
- Once tuna is done let it cool down before cutting
- For dressing mix lime juice and sesame oil – feel free to add a bit of rice vinegar and honey
- On a big plate first spread mixed green salad, add tomatoes, olives, snap peas. Peal and half the eggs and add them on the plate as well. In the add tuna slices – sprinkle all with black sesame seeds and drizzle over dressing
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!