We could not wait for the pumpkin season, even if we are only at the beginning of it we simply can’t wait to cook all of our ideas with fresh pumpkin. Thai curry with shrimps and squash, because homemade Thai food is special, as we have already shard with you our Thai basil chicken.
A simple Thai curry is one of those dishes, which are perfect for midweek night dinner. Put everything in a skillet and you’ve got a healthy quality meal at home. Yellow curry with coconut milk, shrimp, butternut squash, spinach and a mixture of simple Thai spices.
Yellow Coconut Thai Curry with Shrimp & Squash
A simple and tasty Thai curry with shrimps and squash. So creamy from coconut milk and butternut squash with a fresh note of shrimps and spinach. Oh, and just slightly spicy to warm you up during these rainy days.
I highly can recommend to use he curry pastes from Cock. They are easy to store in the fridge and turn out always perfect. And the sweet butternut squash was a great addition to this shrimp curry. It is a starchy vegetable which means complex carbohydrates. These carbs that are good for you. I personally think, this curry quite filling without rice as it’s a complete meal on its own, but as Basti wants rice, we serve it with boiled rice with sesame oil, which is our little secret that gives more excitement to ‘just’ boiled rice.
If you make this curry with shrimps and squash, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Yellow Coconut Curry with Shrimp & Squash
- ½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- 500 g Shrimps peeled and deveined
- 500 g Butternut Squash Cut into small pieces
- 1 can Coconut Milk Full Fat
- 100 ml Water
- 4 tbsp Yellow Curry Paste
- 350 g Baby Spinach raw
- Fresh Cilantro optional
- Red Chilis optional
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Once it’s hot, add the oil and the shrimp. Cook for about 4 to 6 minutes until the shrimp has turned plump and white/pink. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside
- Reduce the heat, then add about 300ml of water into a skillet along with the butternut squash. Bring water to a light simmer to create some steam, then cover and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes to soften the squash. Then, remove the lid and increase the heat back to medium
- Pour in the coconut milk, then fill the can with about 100ml of water and pour that into the skillet as well. Add the green curry paste and gently fold everything together, being careful not to mash up the butternut squash
- Once the paste has been absorbed in the milk, add in the bundle of spinach. Continue folding everything together to wilt the spinach
- Once the spinach has wilted into the dish, add the shrimp back to the skillet and fold everything together. Remove the skillet from the heat and garnish
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!