Zucchini bread I never understood correctly. Till today! Carrot cake ok, quite usual cake (actually super delicious one), but zucchini bread, on the other hand, sounds very healthy (too healthy for a sweet treat). And that’s how it is! That does not mean, it is not delicious. On the contrary, this zucchini chocolate chunks bread recipe is incredibly delicious. And you in this zucchini bread recipe you really don’t taste the zucchini in there.
This healthy Zucchini Chocolate Chunk Bread is an amazing super healthy sweet recipe!
The preparation is really quick and easy with only few ingredients. I particularly like the recipe because the zucchini pastry is relatively light, you do not need butter and only a little coconut oil. The amount of flour is relatively low in relation to the zucchini amount. We sweetened it just with honey and the chocolate chunks give the extra twist.
And it’s always the right time to enjoy a piece of this amazing zucchini chocolate chunk cake, doesn’t matter whether it is for breakfast, lunch, dinner or anytime between. 🙂 I ate the first two pieces right away, when it was still warm and the chocolate melting. It is so moist and fluffy. And I even added some peanut butter and sea salt! Absolutely heaven!
And don’t forget: if you make this healthy chocolate zucchini bread recipe, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear, how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Healthy Zucchini Chocolate Chunk Bread
- 2 pcs Zucchini medium, grated
- 25 ml Coconut Oil melted
- 30 ml Honey or maple syrup
- 2 pcs Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 100 g Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees and grease a baking tin
- Lay a clean towel on the counter and spread the zucchini out in an even layer, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, cover with another towel, and let sit 10 minutes, then squeeze out any excess water
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Mix in the squeezed out zucchini. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, mix until just combined
- Fold in the chocolate chunks
- Pour the dough into the prepared bread pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until center is just set. (Trick: If the bread is browning before it's done cooking, cover with foil)
- Remove and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting...or just eat it warm with a smear of butter...preferably with a drizzle of honey too
- Enjoy your BeastFeast!