We already mastered fridge cleaning recipes, and this Zucchini Halloumi Bake is definitely one of our masterpieces. You wouldn’t say, right?
Such a hearty meal, and so simple to make. I am a big sucker for Bolognese, in general for beef and tomato sauce combinations, so whatever goes with hat I am fiiiiine.
We had some halloumi leftovers and last pieces of yellow summer zucchini, mixed with minced beef and tomato sauce made from roasted cherry tomatoes – say no more!
If you are making this Zucchini Halloumi Bake, make sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! We are happy to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag BeastFeast on Instagram!
Zucchini Halloumi Bake
- 500 g Minced Beef
- 1 pcs Sweet Onion chopped
- 3 pcs (Smaller) Yellow Zucchini sliced
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes not halved
- 1 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika Powder
- 100 ml Red Wine
- Handful Fresh Basil
- 1 Block Halloumi Cheese sliced
- Olive Oil
- Ciabatta Bread toasted
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC
- Place a large, oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add beef and onion and cook until the beef is browned, about 5-7minutes
- Add the zucchini slices and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in halved cherry tomatoes and add the paprika powder. Season well with salt and pepper
- Stir in the wine and simmer 5-10 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and released their juice. Stir in the basil
- Place in the halloumi slices all over the skillet and add cherry tomatoes over top and transfer to the oven
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the sauce has thickened slightly
- Serve warm topped with fresh basil and toast for dipping